|Do I have to pay tax?|
"Do I have to pay tax on orders I buy at SJdiscount?"
Maybe. It depends on what country you are receiving the goods in.
Tax is a complex issue, because it depends what country you are receiving the goods into. Some countries are easy to import into, and have few restrictions and no taxes. Other countries are ultra restrictive and have high taxes. Before you start importing bigger quantities of China electronics to your country, you'll need to research what the law and practices are in your country (or shipping destination countries if you are dropshipping internationally).
Please read the following notes for some basic background...
No Sales Tax Charged By SJdiscount:
- There are no sales taxes or hidden charges to pay on the China side when you buy at SJdiscount.com - However, you may need to pay some taxes on your local side when you receive the goods. Please read below for more information.
- When you buy from China, and the products are delivered to your country, this is by definitionimporting. This means the process to receive the goods will usually be different to simply buying mail-order products from shops inside your country.
Import Duty and Sales Tax Charged By Your Country:
- Some countries charge tax on certain imported products, at certain quantity/value levels. Some countries do not. You are responsible for finding out the situation in your own country.
- Whatever you order from SJdiscount, we will send you. We won't enforce any rules so it's up to you to make sure that what you are buying is OK to import in your country.
- Many countries charge two kinds of tax when you import anything from overseas. These are (1) Sales Tax (VAT); (2) Import Duty. Usually these taxes are not very high,and the tax is calculated according to the value of the goods (+ shipping sometimes). On the other hand, many countries do not charge any tax on certain types of goods, or on small shipments.
Tax And Air Mail Packets
- Typically, taxes are more often / more strictly applied to courier shipments (UPS, FedEx, DHL) than postal shipments (Air Mail, USPS, EMS). In many countries, for single items, postal shipping is a simple way to reduce or eliminate import taxes.
- However, shipping by air mail is not necessarily a guarantee of avoiding such taxes.